Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Spot-On


I often catch a glimpse of this sweet home from my seat on the MetroNorth train. Located on a dead-end street on the northern edge of Ossining, the house is set on a low bluff overlooking the Hudson. It also has a view of the tracks–and trains–but that seems like a reasonable trade-off. Built in 1928, the 2,000 square foot abode has 3 bedrooms, a lovely screened patio, and lots of windows. The front of the home looks to have been "updated" in some questionable ways, but the rear retains the original cottage charm. The 1 acre property is nicely landscaped and is next to a small nature reserve. The listing has been on the market for a while and the asking price has been reduced from $700,000. $650,000
Coldwell Banker, Google Map, Live Search Map

2 comments:

A. said...

I see this house all the time too. If I was still in the market, this would definitely be on my short list.

Anonymous said...

This does look like a great location. There are not that many houses on the river like this. At least not in my price range. The front of the house does look a little weird though. What is with that cone on the roof?