Thursday, January 15, 2009

Pre-Revolutionary Goodness


I don't usually feature homes in Chappaqua, but I'm making an exception for this one since it's practically in Mt. Kisco—and I like it. The 1750 farmhouse has 3,100 square feet of living space and 5 bedrooms. The living room features great beams, and the dining room and master bedroom both have corner fireplaces. I'm no fan of the wallpaper, but that comes off pretty easily. There's central air for indoor comfort and a lovely porch from which you can view the 1.8 acres. The big downside here is the annual tax bill—a hefty $40,802. $1,950,000
Prudential Holmes & Kennedy, Google Map, Live Search Map

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

goodness the taxes--and I thought mine were bad in Yorktown!

Anonymous said...

The taxes are crazy. But the house is great. I love those fireplaces.

Anonymous said...

Do something!!! When will people stop complaining and finally take action about their taxes? I can only do so much on my own.

Anonymous said...

People move to Chappaqua for the schools. The 40k taxes are a lot less than sending 2 kids to private school. That would be 50K or more. So for tuition for 2 kids plus busing and all the other town services 40K a year is a total bargain.

What "action" does 6:50 want taken? You want the town to spend less on the schools or less on amenities? Then no one will move to Chappaqua, values will crash, tax revenues will crash, and the town will go bankrupt. Good plan.

Anonymous said...

There are many good schools besides chappaqua. High taxes for great schools are just fine if you have kids to send to school. Those of us who don't ... I guess we move somewhere else!

Anonymous said...

Not everyone can live in Chappaqua my dear anon at 8:31 am. The fact is Westchester has one of the highest tax burdens in the country and for those of us who live in areas that are not served by the excellent schools as you have in Chappaqua, well, it is somewhat upsetting. Oh yes, I coulde move somewhere else in the country. Sometimes that isn't an option either. And as for your belief that values will crash if the town sends less on the schools- that made me giggle. I wouldn't have any fear on that point.