Thursday, December 6, 2007

Sparta-cular


Located in Ossining's Sparta Historic District, this 1834 Federal style home is fully renovated and loaded with classic charm. While the house is almost too "designed to sell," it definitely offers a nice blend of up-to-date conveniences and old-world sweetness. At 2,300 square feet, the house has 3 bedrooms, a "great room" with cathedral ceiling, and a remodeled kitchen and bathrooms. The third of an acre property has some nice landscaping and is close to the Scarborough train station. Pretty nice for the price. $749,000
Sotheby's International Realty, Google Map

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks really nice to me. Maybe I just like 'Designed to Sell'.
I think they've done a really good job of maintaining some of the charm whilst updating the house. Not sure how the price will fare in the current market though.

Anonymous said...

I like it too. The kitchen looks perfect. And the price seems great to me. I'm selling my apartment in the city for almost double this, so a nice renovated house in a good town for 750,000 seems too good to be true. But I don't know this part of Ossining and I'm not sure Ossining is the place for me, so perhaps James is right about the price.

Anonymous said...

I've been looking in the Ossining, Croton, Yorktown area and this looks pretty well-priced. I don't think I've seen anything this nicely renovated and charming for less. But it is awfully close to the prison, which would be an issue. Personally I want a lot more land--at least 2 or 3 acres. But this price seems pretty reasonable.