Monday, December 17, 2007

6 Months Later

Northern Westchester Home is now in it's sixth month. The site has had just under 3,000 visits and seems to be building a good group of regulars. I've enjoyed creating the site and hope to keep on blogging for a long time. In these 6 months, I've featured 65 properties. Of those, I can verify only 17 sales (that's about 25%). On the other hand, just 10 have had their asking prices reduced since I featured them. And 7 have been taken off the market. As the sample of featured properties below shows, the current market can be hard to read: Most houses sit while others sell for close to--or, in one case, well over--the asking price. What will the next 6 months bring? Stay tuned...

Location: Yorktown
Featured: June 13
Asking Price: $1,100,000
Status: Asking $1,035,000


Location: Ossining
Featured: June 30
Asking Price: $929,000
Status: Asking $829,000


Location: Croton
Featured: July 24
Asking Price: $689,000
Status: Asking $659,00


Location: Peekskill
Featured: August 1
Asking Price: $475,000
Status: Sold for $430,000



Location: Katonah
Featured: August 8
Asking Price: $998,000
Status: Sold for $940,00


Location: Croton
Featured: September 5
Asking Price: $589,000
Status: Asking $589,00


Location: Ossining
Featured: October 12
Asking Price: $785,000
Status: Sold for $995,000

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I can not believe that place on Revolutionary Rd went for almost a million. It looked amazing - but i would think it is very unusual in the current market for a house to sell 20%+ over asking.
I love looking at whats on the market through this site.

Anonymous said...

I'm also amazed that the Ossining house sold for so much over asking and so quickly. I thought the high taxes would scare off people. And I'm surpised that the other Ossining house hasn't sold even with the price cut. I saw it at an open house and it is really nice. Houses like that on nice property like that are pretty rare.

Anonymous said...

The Yorktown house is really nice. I drove through that area recently and it is pretty stunning. Price might be a little high, but the taxes aren't bad for a place that size.