Monday, August 13, 2007

Better Than New

Buyers who want the benefits of new construction usually have to settle for a developer's cookie-cutter plopped down on a treeless square of sod. Which makes this listing an uncommon chance to have an almost new home with some charm in a lovely setting. Rebuilt on the site of a 1950's structure, this 2,200 square foot 3 bedroom has been reinvisioned in a cottage style. While I'm not one for faux traditionals, the architect appears to have handled the transformation nicely (nary a turret nor Palladian window in sight!). Located in the beautiful Huntersville area of southern Yorktown, the 1.95 acre property is quite attractive, and even has pond frontage. The flipper seems to be in a hurry to sell, since the asking has been cut twice in a relatively short time, and the house now seems to be very well-priced. $839,500 Houlihan Lawrence

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too much sheetrock for me. But the property does look nice. Anyway, I prefer old houses, problems or no problems. You can't replicate charm.

Anonymous said...

I like this a lot. It is bright and open, and I do like new construction. I agree that most of it is dreadful--I don't want an attached garage or a 2 floor entry!! But this looks nice.

I am not familiar with the area--can anyone tell me anything about it?

Anonymous said...

Huntersville is great. Very beautiful area on the reservoir. It's remarkably undeveloped, with lots of old farmhouses and horse farms. It's 10 minutes to Croton and close to Peekskill, Katonah and Mt Kisco too. It's one of the few areas I'm looking at. Since I'm leaving the city I really want a country feel, and this area has that. I'm also looking in Teatown and around Katonah.